The former school was built in 1847. It has been modernised over the years but, as a building of historical significance for Welborne and the surrounding area, it still retains many features from when it was first designed and built.
The building was listed in February 2015 at Grade II building status for its architectural interest, completeness, interior detail and historical interest as a building along side All Saints Church (also Grade II).
Today the hall is the centre for village activities, with many local groups making use of the hall both for day and evening events. Despite its grade II status, there is a modern kitchen and fully accessible toilet/baby changing facilities, plus full AV/sound capability for large screen film projection.
There is also an open fire for those cold winter nights (also available for those not so warm spring/autumn evenings!)
The school is comprised of four rooms; the main school room (now used as our village hall); a kitchen (in the historic extension); a WC and cloakroom (in the 21st century extension) and a small store room.
The hall is available for hire so please check our Hire the hall page for further details. For additional information on the hall’s history or additional images please follow the image links below;